Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BETA version -- 4.2.7.116
(03-30-2020, 05:08 AM)Barry Wrote: I am experiencing font replacements (non-system fonts) on certain web pages i.e. YouTube and other websites. Fonts were working fine in the previous version. I have DirectWrite disabled. Running Win 10 Pro. When I enable DirectWrite, fonts display properly again, however I lose the benefits of DirectWrite disabled. I have added screenshots showing DirectWrite disabled and enabled. Any suggestions for fixing this? Thank you.
Are you using 4.2.7.116 version?
We will change something in stable version, you can test this case by then.
(03-30-2020, 12:00 PM)ATB69 Wrote: On the newest 4.2.7.128, text disappearing on some websites after the tab being in background for some time. Also "Aw, Snap" errors on some websites after the tab has been in background.
[Image: nA2Gh7F.png]
DirectWrite is disabled.
As far as I know, upgrading your OS to Windows 10 can fix this issue.
If you don't want to upgrade, you can try append
--num-raster-threads=1
to "Other settings"->"Startup command line".
(03-30-2020, 01:05 PM)BrowserBrian Wrote: When will the picture in picture mode work? It shows a little black screen with a sound for now.
Please try disabling all extensions.
And you may post the URL for testing.
(03-30-2020, 04:12 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Are you using 4.2.7.116 version?
We will change something in stable version, you can test this case by then.

Yes I am using current version. 4.2.7.116. I will wait for the stable version then. Thank you!
(03-30-2020, 01:59 PM)Дмитрий Сакович Wrote: Hi! Apparently you have a local problem. I have a video in picture - in-picture mode that plays without any problems. Try to start in safe mode to see if the problem you described will repeat.
I tried to start in safe mode. It shows black screen with a sound. Basically the same thing.

(03-30-2020, 04:17 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Please try disabling all extensions.
And you may post the URL for testing.
I tried to disable all extensions and it is not working. Do you mean URL of the video? It is the same problem for every video on YouTube, VK, whatever.
(03-31-2020, 03:58 AM)BrowserBrian Wrote: I tried to start in safe mode. It shows black screen with a sound. Basically the same thing.

I tried to disable all extensions and it is not working. Do you mean URL of the video? It is the same problem for every video on YouTube, VK, whatever.
I have no idea then.
Were you using "Miniplayer" button in Youtube player to enable picture-in-picture mode?
And what about other browsers, such as Firefox/Edge?
(03-31-2020, 04:10 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: I have no idea then.
Were you using "Miniplayer" button in Youtube player to enable picture-in-picture mode?
And what about other browsers, such as Firefox/Edge?

I used double right click on video to enable picture-in-picture mode. Firefox works fine.
(03-31-2020, 05:14 PM)BrowserBrian Wrote: I used double right click on video to enable picture-in-picture mode. Firefox works fine.
Try using the built in Cent for playing video in popup window. Go to settings chrome://settings/cbBrowsing and activate "Show tip for playing video in popup window" and optional you can activate "Remember position of video popup window". After that, when you move the cursor to the upper right edge of the video being played, a pop-up button with various options will appear. the first one is the video playback in the pop-up window. In my opinion, the option is built into Cent. much more convenient than stock.
[Image: 2020-03-31_205828.1585677598.png]
(03-30-2020, 04:15 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: As far as I know, upgrading your OS to Windows 10 can fix this issue.
If you don't want to upgrade, you can try append
--num-raster-threads=1
to "Other settings"->"Startup command line".

Thanks. Adding this startup command line fixed the rendering issues for me.  Blush
Thank you for the surprisingly speedy update, I no longer am seeing problems with DirectWrite.