Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 Released
(03-25-2019, 12:44 PM)liveonloan Wrote: Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 always copies the selected text on the page and inserts it into the F3 search field, even if this option is disabled in the settings.
Selection, pressing F3, the selected text is automatically inserted into the search field .... Please correct this! Thank.
https://funkyimg.com/i/2SFcc.jpg
https://funkyimg.com/i/2SFcd.jpg

When I read, I highlight a part of the text, so as not to forget what I’ve stopped at. And it always appears in the search box F3. If you need to find something else, you have to enter the searched word manually each time, preliminarily erasing the existing one!
After updating the page (F5) text that you selected and pressed F3 (even if you did not press F3, but simply left the text selected, and updated the page) does not disappear from the search field F3.

Video showing this problem in detail: https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/VXQQanRW/file.html

This behavior has nothing to do with that option.
This is a feature asked by many users.
Don't you think searching the selected text automatically when you press F3 or Ctrl+G is more convenient than that in Chrome?
You don't need to paste them to the search bar every time.
(03-25-2019, 02:14 PM)Steven Wrote: I have enabled chrome://flags/#windows10-custom-titlebar and at startup title bar becomes white (in my case). If i open a new tab, everything return to normal.

This issue has been confirmed.
Thanks for your feedback.
(03-25-2019, 03:27 PM)jaceknokia Wrote: Direct write does not work!

WTF?

May you provide the URL for testing?
when direst write is enabled, the letters are too close to each other.
I had time to test the newest portable 3.9.2.45. I have some questions.

* Where can I change to the former UI?
* Can I reduce the tab height?
* Where can I change the text gamma?
* Are Directwrite bugs fixed?
(03-25-2019, 04:10 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: This behavior has nothing to do with that option.
This is a feature asked by many users.
Don't you think searching the selected text automatically when you press F3 or Ctrl+G is more convenient than that in Chrome?
You don't need to paste them to the search bar every time.

Me and many other users do not need the option "selected text gets into the search box automatically!" Moreover, when selecting the text and updating the page, it also somehow falls into the search field.
I can not understand what is the point of highlighting the text on the page and then looking (Search) same test on this page? It's a mystery to me! After all, you already found it and see at this moment.
Watch the video from my previous post carefully so it shouldn't be - selected text gets into the search box automatically - Selected text, paste into the search box yourself.

I am used to F3 and I don’t want to change my long-term habits - it's easier to press F3 with one finger - than to suffer from CTRL + G
(little finger and forefinger).

I almost always need a search, often have to copy and paste different names into the search field! Use the clipboard all the time, selecting text and words from other programs and documents. And in the reverse order from the browser through the clipboard into programs and documents. (copying and pasting them using the clipboard)
This is terrible for those who are used to reading, highlighting for themselves a part of the text (In the browser).
If you try to look (Search) for anything at this time - there is a terrible confusion! If the text is selected in the browser, it is impossible to quickly paste the text from the clipboard into the search field F3.
If now this behavior can be somehow disabled, please tell us how to do it!
This disgusting innovation spoiled my favorite browser. If now it can not be disabled, please make it possible to disable this ugly behavior in the next update.

This behavior is not in version 3.8.5.69 - rolled back on it.

p.s.
There is a suggestion to add the option "Show Original" to the menu (next to the translation). Now, to show the original translation, you have to click the icon in the back right corner of the page and press "Show Original" there. It would be more convenient to do this through the menu (it is more logical - where the translation is, there is an original translation).
The icon in the back right corner of the page where you need to press "Show Original", is also better to leave (for those who are used to it).
See which menu I mean: https://funkyimg.com/i/2SFzF.jpg
And icon: https://funkyimg.com/i/2SFGe.jpg

Apologize in advance, my English is at an entry level (I use g.translator)
new wersion is shit, wery shit
(03-25-2019, 02:14 PM)Steven Wrote: I have enabled chrome://flags/#windows10-custom-titlebar and at startup title bar becomes white (in my case). If i open a new tab, everything return to normal.

Hmm ...

I tried at Win10x64 LTSB 2016

1 - enabled chrome://flags/#windows10-custom-titlebar
[Image: 39df63fdf45f63fd494cf3139ee0c56b.jpg]

2 - disabled chrome://flags/#windows10-custom-titlebar
[Image: deca4d7be017f3d6d1cbe7e2e95bbafb.jpg]

If I open the answer window through the "New Reply" button, then in this window the insertion by the middle mouse button don`t work.
In version 3.7.2.33 it works.
(03-25-2019, 04:26 PM)jaceknokia Wrote: when direst write is enabled, the letters are too close to each other.

We know this issue.
We will try to fix it in the next version.
You may stay on version 3.8 till then.
(03-25-2019, 05:11 PM)liveonloan Wrote: Me and many other users do not need the option "selected text gets into the search box automatically!" Moreover, when selecting the text and updating the page, it also somehow falls into the search field.
I can not understand what is the point of highlighting the text on the page and then looking (Search) same test on this page? It's a mystery to me! After all, you already found it and see at this moment.
Watch the video from my previous post carefully so it shouldn't be - selected text gets into the search box automatically - Selected text, paste into the search box yourself.

I am used to F3 and I don’t want to change my long-term habits - it's easier to press F3 with one finger - than to suffer from CTRL + G
(little finger and forefinger).

I almost always need a search, often have to copy and paste different names into the search field! Use the clipboard all the time, selecting text and words from other programs and documents. And in the reverse order from the browser through the clipboard into programs and documents. (copying and pasting them using the clipboard)
This is terrible for those who are used to reading, highlighting for themselves a part of the text (In the browser).
If you try to look (Search) for anything at this time - there is a terrible confusion! If the text is selected in the browser, it is impossible to quickly paste the text from the clipboard into the search field F3.
If now this behavior can be somehow disabled, please tell us how to do it!
This disgusting innovation spoiled my favorite browser. If now it can not be disabled, please make it possible to disable this ugly behavior in the next update.

This behavior is not in version 3.8.5.69 - rolled back on it.

p.s.
There is a suggestion to add the option "Show Original" to the menu (next to the translation). Now, to show the original translation, you have to click the icon in the back right corner of the page and press "Show Original" there. It would be more convenient to do this through the menu (it is more logical - where the translation is, there is an original translation).
The icon in the back right corner of the page where you need to press "Show Original", is also better to leave (for those who are used to it).
See which menu I mean: https://funkyimg.com/i/2SFzF.jpg
And icon: https://funkyimg.com/i/2SFGe.jpg

Apologize in advance, my English is at an entry level (I use g.translator)

OK, you sounds reasonable.
We will reconsider this feature.