Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
64-bit?
Why is the 64-bit version not on the front page anymore?

Seems silly. Now if I recommend the browser to a friend I have to direct him to the static server... doesn't make a very good impression.
Because 64-bit has worse stability, we put it in History page.(https://www.centbrowser.com/history.html)
32-bit is recommended for now, but the situation may change in the future.
Is that the problem why 64 bit version sometimes closes itself? Never happened in older versions, only with 63 beta.
(01-07-2018, 09:21 AM)user_99 Wrote: Is that the problem why 64 bit version sometimes closes itself? Never happened in older versions, only with 63 beta.

Maybe, you can send us(support@centbrowser.com) the recently generated .dmp files in "User Data\Crashpad\reports".
I've been using the 64-bit version for months and I've never had any stability problems...

Not to mention, 64-bit tends to be more secure, and with security being a major thing right now, I think you should reconsider.
Less stable?

I've been using the 64bit version of Chrome since around version 30 when I switched from Firefox.

Eventually Google made 64bit the default version, and other browsers followed suite.

I've used the 64bit version of browsers from that point on.. never had any stability or compatibility issues.

If the new beta is unstable, then, well, it's probably some code base issue.. but I'm not a developer so I wouldn't know.
Maybe the stability of 64-bit is improving, but from our past experience, it crashes frequently.
We will keep an eye on it.
I think that might just be on your end, I'm sorry to say. I've been providing links to the 64 bit version whenever I recommend the browser to my friends and no one has complained about crashing.

It could be an issue unique to Chinese-localized OSes? You should really try it out again in any case. Chrome promoted the 64-bit build up to the 'main' build a while ago. It's just better. Most people don't know to check the History page. Plus, to a lot of people, they're going to be hesitant going from 64-bit Chrome to 32-bit Cent Browser and might just decide to go elsewhere.
(01-11-2018, 02:38 AM)JenN Wrote: I think that might just be on your end, I'm sorry to say. I've been providing links to the 64 bit version whenever I recommend the browser to my friends and no one has complained about crashing.

It could be an issue unique to Chinese-localized OSes? You should really try it out again in any case. Chrome promoted the 64-bit build up to the 'main' build a while ago. It's just better. Most people don't know to check the History page. Plus, to a lot of people, they're going to be hesitant going from 64-bit Chrome to 32-bit Cent Browser and might just decide to go elsewhere.

OK, thanks for your suggestion.