Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cent Browser 2.9.4.39(for Windows) Released
(10-04-2017, 06:20 PM)thirdleg Wrote: Great job! Thanks for the update.

I have tried the newest 2.9.4.39(64bit) installer version for window 10, unluckily a problem encountered.

As I'm using two monitors, and when I played youtube videos in "a popup window", it works just fine in primary monitor.

But if I dragged the "popup window" to secondary monitor, the "ping time" and "connecting speed" to internet of others tabs will be retarded seriously, and they all responded very slow to any mouse gestures and commands. This problem never happened in 2.8.5.75.

Is there any suggestions to solve it? Thanks.

Please try disabling hardware acceleration.
In some cases (don't know because of what) the sound disappears when music or video starts to play. It's happening after ver. 2.8.5.75
(10-08-2017, 05:45 PM)Fighter4Freedom Wrote: In some cases (don't know because of what) the sound disappears when music or video starts to play. It's happening after ver. 2.8.5.75

Thanks for your feedback.
Can you provide an URL for us to test?
(10-16-2017, 12:17 AM)mgoroshko Wrote: Browser doesn't restrart after changing language from russian to english - it just shutting down. (x32 installable version)

Also in Portable version - it doesn't update. Showing me error code #8. (x32 portable version)

What kind of information could I provide for you to fix it?

Point me the link (howto or smthing), I'll study it & give you the feedback if needed.

Windows 7 x64

Did you change the name of chrome.exe?you should change it back.
There will be something wrong with restarting/updating/sandbox if you do that.
(10-05-2017, 11:44 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: Please try disabling hardware acceleration.

Thanks for your advice. As ver2.8.5.75 works perfectly with hardware acceleration, I will stay with it and bypass 2.9.4.39. 

Maybe you can fix this tiny problem on the next update.
is there some way to control web sites ability to open new tabs/new windows?
(10-17-2017, 10:15 AM)rey Wrote: is there some way to control web sites ability to open new tabs/new windows?

Do you mean forcing web pages to always load links in current tab?
(10-17-2017, 02:15 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Do you mean forcing web pages to always load links in current tab?

i'd prefer to have ability either forbit web-sites open new windows at all or at least open them as new tabs.
Stable Channel Update 62.0.3202.62
This update includes 35 security fixes
(10-17-2017, 10:26 PM)mgoroshko Wrote: I did so with portable version because I had chrome installed at the moment but I didn't do that with installable one. Not a big deal though.

but...

You can change the file name or move the folder right after you extract the portable installer.
But if you have ever run the browser, you shouldn't change or move anything inside it.(the file name is protected by the sandbox against change)