Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Password protect profile
Heya! How can I password protect my CB profile? And when others use my computer they can just surf on a guest profile.
Maybe this post helps:
https://www.addictivetips.com/web/passwo...e-profile/

Or you can use CB portable in a flash disk.
For directory encryption on Windows, BitLocker is also a good choice.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...r-overview
The article doesnt help because chrome://flags/#enable-new-profile-management doesnt exist anymore. I looked at that article earlier today. That is the solution I want, but too bad they removed it :/
(09-04-2017, 07:45 PM)Schanzation Wrote: The article doesnt help because chrome://flags/#enable-new-profile-management doesnt exist anymore. I looked at that article earlier today. That is the solution I want, but too bad they removed it :/

while the flag doesn't exist anymore you can lock chrome profiles another way..

1. Create a supervised account, click in: your name (top right) > Manage People > Add People.
  2. Check the checkbox for Supervise this person to track and view the sites they visit using their Google Account.
  3. [size=undefined]Select your account as supervisor on the select box right below the previous checked field.[/size]
  4. [size=undefined]Don't forget to "Exit and lock" your account when you finish using the browser. For this click in: your name (top right) > Exit and lock.[/size]
I have a issue for this, but the opposite. I always use "Guest" profile (all setting files stores within "Default" folder). And no sync with a Google account. 

I sometimes using Windows versions on other HDD. Cent/Chromium can't detect passwords on other windows. Because I saved them all while using windows on my first HDD. I know, this cause is privacy. (For example, now I using other Windows and I had to write my password manually for login to this site.)

Now, Windows is broken on my first(I made wrog(I made the mistake. Restored the registry hive backups of previously build. Conclusion: BSOD). My question:

While on another partition Windows, is it possible Cent detect to my passwords stored in "Login Data"?  How can I do that? I know I was wrong to always use the Guest profile. If this is possible, I don't try to repair my corrupted Windows.

P.S.: it is not a very important issue. I remember my passwords.
(09-15-2017, 11:24 AM)pureocean Wrote: I have a issue for this, but the opposite. I always use "Guest" profile (all setting files stores within "Default" folder). And no sync with a Google account. 

I sometimes using Windows versions on other HDD. Cent/Chromium can't detect passwords on other windows. Because I saved them all while using windows on my first HDD. I know, this cause is privacy. (For example, now I using other Windows and I had to write my password manually for login to this site.)

Now, Windows is broken on my first(I made wrog(I made the mistake. Restored the registry hive backups of previously build. Conclusion: BSOD). My question:

While on another partition Windows, is it possible Cent detect to my passwords stored in "Login Data"?  How can I do that? I know I was wrong to always use the Guest profile. If this is possible, I don't try to repair my corrupted Windows.

P.S.: it is not a very important issue. I remember my passwords.

No, it is not possible in Guest mode.(unless you copy "Login Data" out manually)
All profile data is temporary in Guest mode, all browsing data will be cleared when you exit Guest session.
@CentBrowser:
Firstly, thank you for your reply.

A correction: I actually use the "Person 1" instead of Guest profile.

Now I signed my Google account and Cent synced my settings. I've forgotten that I've uploaded all my settings to Google server for sync. :Smile

Cent still can't read to records in Login Data, except from Google account. Obivously, this is credential issue. Anyway, my passwords already in my mind and archieved. 

I just noticed that import & export to password list of Chromium. It's useful.
chrome://flags/#password-import-export     -> Enabled    
chrome://settings-frame/passwords
More details.

Off-topic:
Sync progress changed my other search engines. On my Google account stored settings is old. I didn't remember. And I selected everything. I mean the Autofill was selected too. Therefore, on Google account old SearchEngines overwrited to  my Web Data file in HDD. And now a laundry list. I manually revert to original Web Data file from my backup. Cent fianlly reached fresh my search engines but sync is broken. Need relogin. If I relogin for sync, Cent override Web Data all old entries from Google Account. However, I don't select Autofill, settings.

I still use the --cb-disable-auto-detect-search-provider. I think this switch doesn't work/override to the Search Engines in the sync progress. Because of Webforms/AutoFills and search engines keywords stored within same file(Web Data).

How can I disabled turn off other search engines on the sync progress? Maybe need new a switch? --cb-disable-sync-search-provider, like.
(09-17-2017, 03:33 PM)pureocean Wrote: @CentBrowser:
Firstly, thank you for your reply.

A correction: I actually use the "Person 1" instead of Guest profile.

Now I signed my Google account and Cent synced my settings. I've forgotten that I've uploaded all my settings to Google server for sync. :Smile

Cent still can't read to records in Login Data, except from Google account. Obivously, this is credential issue. Anyway, my passwords already in my mind and archieved. 

I just noticed that import & export to password list of Chromium. It's useful.
chrome://flags/#password-import-export     -> Enabled    
chrome://settings-frame/passwords
More details.

Off-topic:
Sync progress changed my other search engines. On my Google account stored settings is old. I didn't remember. And I selected everything. I mean the Autofill was selected too. Therefore, on Google account old SearchEngines overwrited to  my Web Data file in HDD. And now a laundry list. I manually revert to original Web Data file from my backup. Cent fianlly reached fresh my search engines but sync is broken. Need relogin. If I relogin for sync, Cent override Web Data all old entries from Google Account. However, I don't select Autofill, settings.

I still use the --cb-disable-auto-detect-search-provider. I think this switch doesn't work/override to the Search Engines in the sync progress. Because of Webforms/AutoFills and search engines keywords stored within same file(Web Data).

How can I disabled turn off other search engines on the sync progress? Maybe need new a switch? --cb-disable-sync-search-provider, like.

You can manage Sync settings by checking "Manage Cent Browser Sync and personalization Settings" in the signing dialog, which shows after you log in your Google account.
But seems there is no item called "Search engines settings", you can try turning off "Autofill" to have a try.

For the Login Data issue, are you using portable version?
Portable version can keep all data among any computer, installer version can't do it.
(09-17-2017, 04:23 PM)CentBrowser Wrote:You can manage Sync settings by checking "Manage Cent Browser Sync and personalization Settings" in the signing dialog, which shows after you log in your Google account.
But seems there is no item called "Search engines settings", you can try turning off "Autofill" to have a try.

Yes, I already did it. For now, no problem.

(09-17-2017, 04:23 PM)CentBrowser Wrote:For the Login Data issue, are you using portable version? Portable version can keep all data among any computer, installer version can't do it.

I always use the portable version. That is why cannot deteact to passwords on other Windows. I don't know that.
Of course, I understands that it has to be permanently closed for security reasons. I think, Cent/Chromium encrypts to user passwords according to the current Windows. There's nothing I can do for this, except I entering to my passwords one by one, again.

Thank you for your informations.
Good luck on your rebuild for the new version.
(09-18-2017, 06:11 PM)pureocean Wrote: Yes, I already did it. For now, no problem.

I always use the portable version. That is why cannot deteact to passwords on other Windows. I don't know that.
Of course, I understands that it has to be permanently closed for security reasons. I think, Cent/Chromium encrypts to user passwords according to the current Windows. There's nothing I can do for this, except I entering to my passwords one by one, again.

Thank you for your informations.
Good luck on your rebuild for the new version.

If you use portable version, you shouldn't encounter this issue.
have you ever changed from installer version to portable version?
You may try reset synchronized data in your account center, and login to google account and synchronize(from local profile) again.