Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Privacy
Hi Folks,

I'm currently using Iridium because it prevents google from following around (supposedly).Does Cent also prevent phoning home to google? I would like to try this browser as Iridium does not update as fast and has no active support forum.

Thanks
We keep the same with Chromium, which does little communication with Google server.
If you want zero data sent to Google, furtherly you have to disable something like translation/spell check/keyword suggestion, etc.
(08-26-2017, 04:01 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: We keep the same with Chromium, which does little communication with Google server.
If you want zero data sent to Google, furtherly you have to disable something like translation/spell check/keyword suggestion, etc.

If I understand well, disabling any Google-related setting available in the settings panel would made the browser privacy-friendly?
(08-29-2017, 07:15 PM)SpringsTS Wrote: If I understand well, disabling any Google-related setting available in the settings panel would made the browser privacy-friendly?

Yes, you can reach "zero data sent to Google" just by changing settings.(maybe need some command line additionally)