Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone interested! (chocolatey package)
(10-02-2017, 04:01 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: There is no more command line currently.
If we add it in the future, we will post here.

Alright sounds good ^^ as for current parameters I have now got them included (but they won't be active though until the next centbrowser release, and they will only be active on new packages moving forward (so packages "Cent Browser 2.9.4.39" and before do not have these options (including "Cent Browser 2.9.4.3900"( which is just a re-release of "Cent Browser 2.9.4.39" since you guys pushed a second version of "2.9.4.39" which ended up messing with checksums that I pulled 2 days ago)), but any and all new releases will have the parameters/options included)

Parameters go as 

use
Code:
--params "''"
for example
Code:
choco install packageID [other options] --params="'/ITEM:value /ITEM2:value2 /FLAG_BOOLEAN'"

so for install you can do for example 
Code:
choco install packageID [other options] --params="'/dir:c:\centbrowser'"
and it will install centbrowser into
Quote:c:\centbrowser
instead of where it usually defaults to install, and for uninstall I have the default option set to not delete the userdata folder but you could do for example 

Code:
choco uninstall packageID [other options] --params="'/del_userdata'"
 and it will delete the userdata folder on uninstall.

Now for install you could leave the 
Code:
--params="'/dir:value'"

out of the install command and it'll install to the default location of where centbrowser usually installs to.
and for the uninstall you can leave the 
Code:
--params="'/del_userdata'"

out and wont delete the userdata folder.
Thanks for your work.
Occasionally we would repackage and replace the installer, if we found something need to change and it is not so critical.
(10-03-2017, 04:33 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks for your work.
Occasionally we would repackage and replace the installer, if we found something need to change and it is not so critical.

It's not a problem at all ^^ and yea that's what I figured happened, I'll probably look into adding a checksum matcher into my update script at some point so that if the version is the same but checksum has changed it'll force an update to the package. 

Just a few thoughts for new parameters I think would be nice to add to centbrowser for silent install if possible -
set browser as default (would be nice to have an option to not set the browser as default as some people run multiple different browsers and sometimes they already have a default browser they want kept as default)
create desktop icon (not completely needed, but would be nice for people who choose to keep a clean desktop)
add to taskbar (kinda the same as the "create desktop icon", not completely needed, but would be nice)
(10-04-2017, 08:51 AM)Journeyover Wrote:  It's not a problem at all ^^ and yea that's what I figured happened, I'll probably look into adding a checksum matcher into my update script at some point so that if the version is the same but checksum has changed it'll force an update to the package. 

Just a few thoughts for new parameters I think would be nice to add to centbrowser for silent install if possible -
set browser as default (would be nice to have an option to not set the browser as default as some people run multiple different browsers and sometimes they already have a default browser they want kept as default)
create desktop icon (not completely needed, but would be nice for people who choose to keep a clean desktop)
add to taskbar (kinda the same as the "create desktop icon", not completely needed, but would be nice)

--make-chrome-default
With this command line, the installer will make the browser as default browser after installation completed.

The installer will create shortcuts on desktop/startmenu/taskbar by default. If you want to disable it, you can use the following command lines.
--do-not-create-desktop-shortcut
--do-not-create-taskbar-shortcut
--do-not-create-startmenu-shortcut
(10-04-2017, 05:16 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: --make-chrome-default
With this command line, the installer will make the browser as default browser after installation completed.

The installer will create shortcuts on desktop/startmenu/taskbar by default. If you want to disable it, you can use the following command lines.
--do-not-create-desktop-shortcut
--do-not-create-taskbar-shortcut
--do-not-create-startmenu-shortcut

what about making it not the default browser? or is the default install option during silent install not making centbrowser the default browser?

and I will get the three for the desktop/startmenu/taskbar in as params now as well as options that you can pass in, there won't be a default for these three but I'll have a switch that will add them to the silent install arg if the calls for them are present in the command line.

Edit:

Have now added the three options for no desktop/startmenu/taskbar icons.

You'll pass them in as just like the above options but using 

Code:
/NoDesktopIcon

Code:
/NoTaskbarIcon

Code:
/NoStartmenuIcon
instead, and if any of them are present in the command then it'll add the correct string to the silent install arg.
(10-04-2017, 08:35 PM)Journeyover Wrote: what about making it not the default browser? or is the default install option during silent install not making centbrowser the default browser?

and I will get the three for the desktop/startmenu/taskbar in as params now as well as options that you can pass in, there won't be a default for these three but I'll have a switch that will add them to the silent install arg if the calls for them are present in the command line.

Edit:

Have now added the three options for no desktop/startmenu/taskbar icons.

You'll pass them in as just like the above options but using 

Code:
/NoDesktopIcon

Code:
/NoTaskbarIcon

Code:
/NoStartmenuIcon
instead, and if any of them are present in the command then it'll add the correct string to the silent install arg.

The installer will ask for default browser only if you added the command line "--make-chrome-default". It never set as default browser silently.
(10-05-2017, 11:48 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: The installer will ask for default browser only if you added the command line "--make-chrome-default". It never set as default browser silently.

Ah okay got it.
I am deprecating this, as all this gives me is headaches much anymore having to deal with the crap CDN that centbrowser team uses.. Can't say if someone else will pick this up or not in the future, but unless they switch away from the CDN that they are using to a much better one this package will sit dormant.
(04-06-2018, 06:54 AM)Journeyover Wrote: I am deprecating this, as all this gives me is headaches much anymore having to deal with the crap CDN that centbrowser team uses.. Can't say if someone else will pick this up or not in the future, but unless they switch away from the CDN that they are using to a much better one this package will sit dormant.

The speed should be better now.
(04-06-2018, 05:43 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: The speed should be better now.

I'm back to maintaining this package (have been for a while now actually) but one question I have right now is did you guys remove or change the "--do-not-create-startmenu-shortcut" parameter, as passing that in during install still ends up creating the start menu shortcut when it shouldn't.