Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone interested! (chocolatey package)
(08-19-2017, 02:41 PM)Journeyover Wrote: alright thanks, and I don't think I can use wmic as everything has to be done through powershell :x I did finally find an article on some more exit codes and it may look like exit code 19 is due to "The media is write protected" possibly (maybe because centbrowser opens up after install and I didn't have a way to force it to close in powershell yet (I do now) so some stuff doesn't get deleted completely (like the User Data folder)). I haven't been able to test this to see if this is the actual issue as I'm not able to run a VM anymore sadly :/ and I have centbrowser setup in ways that testing it on my main machine would be a pain in the butt >.< so just waiting on next release to drop.

OK, I get it.
(08-19-2017, 03:39 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: OK, I get it.

So I was correct about the whole centbrowser being open thing during uninstall being the issue as to why it was failing uninstall I believe. You still end up getting exit code 19 for some reason but the automated testing has passed on both install and uninstall this time around on the new update/package (possibly because I added the whole force closing of centbrowser after install/before uninstall) unlike before where it was just passing on the install but not on the uninstall. So just as a note I don't think I'll need a whole separate silent uninstaller by you guys (you can still add one if you want though and I'll update to using it instead) since the default chromium silent uninstall strings seem to work just fine now (even though they was working in the old package as well but mods of chocolatey wanted me to get the issue fixed on the uninstall process (which I have done so)).
(08-20-2017, 07:37 PM)Journeyover Wrote: So I was correct about the whole centbrowser being open thing during uninstall being the issue as to why it was failing uninstall I believe. You still end up getting exit code 19 for some reason but the automated testing has passed on both install and uninstall this time around on the new update/package (possibly because I added the whole force closing of centbrowser after install/before uninstall) unlike before where it was just passing on the install but not on the uninstall. So just as a note I don't think I'll need a whole separate silent uninstaller by you guys (you can still add one if you want though and I'll update to using it instead) since the default chromium silent uninstall strings seem to work just fine now (even though they was working in the old package as well but mods of chocolatey wanted me to get the issue fixed on the uninstall process (which I have done so)).

Thanks for your research.
We will investigate and decide whether to support silent uninstall.
(08-21-2017, 03:41 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thanks for your research.
We will investigate and decide whether to support silent uninstall.

Not a problem and sounds good ^^
This feature has been added in 2.8.5.75.
You can now use "setup.exe --uninstall --cb-silent-uninstall-type=0" to uninstall cent browser silently with User Data untouched, and use
"setup.exe --uninstall --cb-silent-uninstall-type=1" to uninstall cent browser silently and remove User Data.
"--force-uninstall" is no longer needed.
(08-28-2017, 01:24 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: This feature has been added in 2.8.5.75.
You can now use "setup.exe --uninstall --cb-silent-uninstall-type=0" to uninstall cent browser silently with User Data untouched, and use
"setup.exe --uninstall --cb-silent-uninstall-type=1" to uninstall cent browser silently and remove User Data.
"--force-uninstall" is no longer needed.

Great Biggrin Thanks a bunch! will update my uninstall scripts to new silent arguments now.

Edit: New package now has new uninstall string, currently I am leaving the User Data untouched at the moment but I am planning on updating a bunch of my packages when I have time (might not happen for a few days or so, as I am moving in 2 days so don't really have a whole lot of time right now to mess around with things) and so I will be adding a option (Argument) in for people to choose between default (--cb-silent-uninstall-type=0) or to remove user data on uninstall as well (--cb-silent-uninstall-type=1) plus updating my install script with arguments on being able to choose install location if they please for my centbrowser package.
Going to get to adding package parameters ( being able to choose an install location / choosing to remove user data or not on uninstall) here within the next couple days or so.
(10-02-2017, 06:55 AM)Journeyover Wrote: Going to get to adding package parameters ( being able to choose an install location / choosing to remove user data or not on uninstall) here within the next couple days or so.

Thank you. Here is the parameter which indicates target installation directory:
--cb-install-path=xxxx
(10-02-2017, 07:27 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thank you. Here is the parameter which indicates target installation directory:
--cb-install-path=xxxx

Thanks :p by chance are there any other parameters that are passable that I don't know about?

Currently the ones I know of are - 
the silent install '--cb-auto-update'
the install path '--cb-install-path=xxxx'
and the uninstall (delete UserData folder) '--cb-silent-uninstall-type=x'

if there are any others I'll gladly add them into the mix, and I should have at least the above in the package by at least tomorrow.
(10-02-2017, 12:18 PM)Journeyover Wrote: Thanks :p by chance are there any other parameters that are passable that I don't know about?

Currently the ones I know of are - 
the silent install '--cb-auto-update'
the install path '--cb-install-path=xxxx'
and the uninstall (delete UserData folder) '--cb-silent-uninstall-type=x'

if there are any others I'll gladly add them into the mix, and I should have at least the above in the package by at least tomorrow.

There is no more command line currently.
If we add it in the future, we will post here.