Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cent Browser 2.6.5.52(for Windows) Released
When Enable suggestions in the address bar setting is disabled, pressing Ctrl + Enter does not add www. in front of and .com at the end of the typed text in the address bar and access the website in question.  Is this behaviour normal?
(05-29-2017, 12:33 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: About 50 files were changed in extension_action_redesign removal.
We can add it back, but the obstacle is that Chrome developers are replacing the extension interface chrome.pageAction(which the flag extension_action_redesign relies on) with chrome.browserAction.
So the extension developers will also follow Chrome step and change their extensions.
Once we add it back, it is only useful for old extensions.

I never had any problem with extensions when using the command-line to block MD redesign, everything was at its place.
I'm still using 2.5.6.57 with "--extension-action-redesign=0" and I don't see any problem (so far)...

What kind of problem are you talking about ? Do you know any extension that can show any bad effect with this setup ? (I'm just trying to understand Blush )

I really like CB, but it's hard for me to use software(s) that can't fit my own usage(s) because some developers think they are smarter than us (I'm talking about Chrome/Chromium developers of course, no CB team !). I hope for a miracle for that particular request  Tongue or I'll have to stay with 2.5.6.57 for a very long time...

EDIT : I know I'm overreacting a little bit to a thing that seems so unsignificant...I just tried the latest CB (portable) and even if I will never understand this behavior, I'll have to swallow and digest it (human being doesn't like changes when something is already perfect enough). Maybe I should say to myself : Deal with it ! Smile (at least, I'm happy to see that some extensions can stay hidden, like anti adblock killer...which makes Material Design imperfect, because it was made to show ALL extensions that are installed...then why some of them can stay totally invisible until you go to the extensions panel ?)
(05-30-2017, 08:36 PM)soyabeaner Wrote: When Enable suggestions in the address bar setting is disabled, pressing Ctrl + Enter does not add www. in front of and .com at the end of the typed text in the address bar and access the website in question.  Is this behaviour normal?

It is normal, because auto adding www. and .com is also PART OF SUGGESTION.
But we have to treat it as a flaw and try to improve.
(05-30-2017, 09:58 PM)badablek Wrote: I never had any problem with extensions when using the command-line to block MD redesign, everything was at its place.
I'm still using 2.5.6.57 with "--extension-action-redesign=0" and I don't see any problem (so far)...

What kind of problem are you talking about ? Do you know any extension that can show any bad effect with this setup ? (I'm just trying to understand Blush )

I really like CB, but it's hard for me to use software(s) that can't fit my own usage(s) because some developers think they are smarter than us (I'm talking about Chrome/Chromium developers of course, no CB team !). I hope for a miracle for that particular request  Tongue or I'll have to stay with 2.5.6.57 for a very long time...

EDIT : I know I'm overreacting a little bit to a thing that seems so unsignificant...I just tried the latest CB (portable) and even if I will never understand this behavior, I'll have to swallow and digest it (human being doesn't like changes when something is already perfect enough). Maybe I should say to myself : Deal with it ! Smile (at least, I'm happy to see that some extensions can stay hidden, like anti adblock killer...which makes Material Design imperfect, because it was made to show ALL extensions that are installed...then why some of them can stay totally invisible until you go to the extensions panel ?)

You are a perfectionist.
Many users feel unhappy about this change, but few cares so much about it.
We don't know exactly why the extension icon must show on toolbar, location bar icon(--extension-action-redesign=0) is used for chrome.pageAction interface. We are afraid this interface itself will be removed in the future.
I read a lot about those changes on chromium bug report website...and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who thinks this new behavior is not coherent, useless and really stupid.
But it seems Chromium devs are self-centered and do not care at all on users...I'll have to live with it (there are more important things in a life, after all)

BTW I tried the new revision (both x86 and x64, portable or "normal") on various computers, and it's really hard to make it work...previous beta did exactly the same, I explain :

- first launch, everything seems to work as expected (fresh installation or upgrade)
- I close CB
- then, troubles are coming : CB does not launch anymore (2 processes are launched, but nothing appears on screen)
- if I kill one of the two processes, CB pops up immediately
- if I don't do that...processes are still running, but I can't do anything (CB does not appear at all)

it seems that a process is waiting for something...I don't know if it's related in any way, but it seems to happen on computers where I did not log into my google account. Could it be CB waiting for an input from user (even if I didn't see any popup at launch asking for such a thing)

I have experienced this bug under Windows 10 and Windows 7, with portable and normal version, with or without userdata. Even safemode does not work everytime.
I tried with standard setup in Program files (I took ownership on the folder to avoid admin restrictions), in a folder where I can read/write, UAC disabled

Same computers, but with an old build, everything works as expected.

I don't know what to do, this is really annoying and I don't understand what's wrong.

EDIT : nevermind. This version is so buggy with multimedia files (lot's of lag when playing videos, websites unresponsive, etc.) that I will stay on 2.5.6.57 for a very long time...This is the first time I see so much downgrade in performance, there is really something wrong in chromium 58.
(05-31-2017, 08:40 PM)badablek Wrote: I read a lot about those changes on chromium bug report website...and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who thinks this new behavior is not coherent, useless and really stupid.
But it seems Chromium devs are self-centered and do not care at all on users...I'll have to live with it (there are more important things in a life, after all)

BTW I tried the new revision (both x86 and x64, portable or "normal") on various computers, and it's really hard to make it work...previous beta did exactly the same, I explain :

- first launch, everything seems to work as expected (fresh installation or upgrade)
- I close CB
- then, troubles are coming : CB does not launch anymore (2 processes are launched, but nothing appears on screen)
- if I kill one of the two processes, CB pops up immediately
- if I don't do that...processes are still running, but I can't do anything (CB does not appear at all)

it seems that a process is waiting for something...I don't know if it's related in any way, but it seems to happen on computers where I did not log into my google account. Could it be CB waiting for an input from user (even if I didn't see any popup at launch asking for such a thing)

I have experienced this bug under Windows 10 and Windows 7, with portable and normal version, with or without userdata. Even safemode does not work everytime.
I tried with standard setup in Program files (I took ownership on the folder to avoid admin restrictions), in a folder where I can read/write, UAC disabled

Same computers, but with an old build, everything works as expected.

I don't know what to do, this is really annoying and I don't understand what's wrong.

EDIT : nevermind. This version is so buggy with multimedia files (lot's of lag when playing videos, websites unresponsive, etc.) that I will stay on 2.5.6.57 for a very long time...This is the first time I see so much downgrade in performance, there is really something wrong in chromium 58.

Chromium developers are refactoring thread model in Chromium 58.
So there may be more issue these days.
Hope they can finish it in Chromium 59.
Sad for us...Sad
At forums it is usually accepted to confirm the posts with arguments which aren't visible in your messages, one chatter. Where references which confirm your statements? It isn't visible. Continuous crying.
(06-02-2017, 08:01 PM)GoodUser Wrote: At forums it is usually accepted to confirm the posts with arguments which aren't visible in your messages, one chatter. Where references which confirm your statements? It isn't visible. Continuous crying.

Not quite understand.
Can you make a screenshot to explain it?
(06-03-2017, 04:22 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Not quite understand.
Can you make a screenshot to explain it?
The message is addressed BADABLEK . Let gives arguments for the crying. 

Yes, his wishes and desires are necessary to not everyone.

To you there are no questions.