Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make Cent open new tab on start?
question in topic name. i need Cent to start with adding new tab keeping other tabs not loaded. is there a command line or other way?
once again i find Chromium engine as veeeeery poor  Confused
no way to customize tabs colors and no extentions..  now simple task to open new additional tab on start-up keeping others not loaded, and again no easy way(judging by no answers). yet it seems to be no extention for this(real disgrase!), and only thing Maybe could help is javascript that i found:

Code:
chrome.windows.onCreated.addListener(function() {
chrome.windows.getAll(function(windows) {
 if(windows.length == 1) {
  chrome.tabs.create({})
} }) })`

but again - hell knows how to make Chrome execute script on start.  Angry
Too much customization hurts performance and stability.
Firefox suffered from this.
it's not "too much custumizeability" it's simply a lack of most-needed features!

in other thread i gave an example with tabs, DevTeam think developing in that way "is too much", oh well i can not influance that. but at the same time NO extention or other Chromium browser provide this feature.
try to guess here which tabs are loaded > (hint: only 2 of them)
    such "info" should be visible just by glimpse! but maybe i have bad sight..

same with this New Tab thing = it's a simple desire to start browser with empty tab to open smt new, without touching tabs that are from previous session and are not loaded. now i have only 2 options:
1- open browser on some tab i ended last session, have it loaded for no use, open new tab, unload old tab 'cause i don't need it right now, finally start to do smt
2- always keep an eye for having 2-3 New Tabs spare and Always end my session on some empty/new tab so i can start to do smt useful right away next time
both variants seem to be rather inconveniant  Confused
Well, we want to hear from more users.
Is it necessary to customize "tab font color/tab font style/tab background color"?
And
Is it necessary to support "restore last session and insert a new tab automatically"?
i don't expect anybody to say smt here, as i doubt most Cent users saw either of my threads at all - mostly people go to Release branch.
(05-29-2017, 11:08 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: Well, we want to hear from more users.
Is it necessary to customize "tab font color/tab font style/tab background color"?

No.

(05-29-2017, 11:08 AM)CentBrowser Wrote: Is it necessary to support "restore last session and insert a new tab automatically"?

Yes, it can be very annoying when the first pinned tab contains an audio/video content that starts playing when the browser starts.

Here are my opinions.
(05-30-2017, 12:18 PM)SpringsTS Wrote: No.

Yes, it can be very annoying when the first pinned tab contains an audio/video content that starts playing when the browser starts.

Here are my opinions.

Thanks for your participation.