Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cent Browser 2.3.5.32(for Windows) Released
Two problems
1. after searching the history for an item and selecting them, if i try to delete them the remove button in the delete confirmation dialogue box don't work.
2. Opening a regular new tab page often crashes though very less frequently!
CentBrowser team : I 'm not asking to fully remove MD, but it would be wonderful to let the choice to keep the old design

MD is ridiculously slow in its animations, and that's a shame. Not convinced ? Try to use "Chrono" extension, with and without MD.
When you click Chrono icon to show all the downloads list, it should appear immediately, and not after a stupid animation that slows down everything.

IMHO MD is not an evolution, but a regression. Those little animations added to each extension's icon make feel that the UI is slow and not responsive.

But if keeping non MD design is too hard, then, at least, can you remove those stupid and annoying delays in animations ? or let us change it (like we did with old windows OS) ?

ps : talking about MD/ non MD is not only about DESIGN, but also user experience. I'm not whining because icons are too small or big, or because the hamburger icon is gone. I'm whining because it's slow, not responsive (and ugly, but it's my own opinion) and because all extensions are in the toolbar (which is not good at all). The old interface was almost PERFECT, then why change it ?!

BTW, is there any chance you add some more options to the internal downloader ? This is really annoying to not be able to choose, for example, how many simultaneous downloads we authorize (I'm using Chrono only for that). Those are basic options on any downloader, except on Chrome browsers  Undecided
If there's a way to restyle the MD parts (download, history, newtab, etc) using userstyle css file, it'd be a good compromise.

Also, do you know why when opening the setting page, chrome browsers would connect to:
translate.googleapis.com
and clients1.google.com

??
(01-14-2017, 08:09 AM)jhnsmith08 Wrote: Two problems
1. after searching the history for an item and selecting them, if i try to delete them the remove button in the delete confirmation dialogue box don't work.
2. Opening a regular new tab page often crashes though very less frequently!

1.Sorry we can't reproduce this issue.
2.Please send us your crash dump files.(uder C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\CentBrowser\User Data\Crashpad\reports)
to centbrwforum@gmail.com or as forum attachment.
(01-14-2017, 10:10 AM)badablek Wrote: CentBrowser team : I 'm not asking to fully remove MD, but it would be wonderful to let the choice to keep the old design

MD is ridiculously slow in its animations, and that's a shame. Not convinced ? Try to use "Chrono" extension, with and without MD.
When you click Chrono icon to show all the downloads list, it should appear immediately, and not after a stupid animation that slows down everything.

IMHO MD is not an evolution, but a regression. Those little animations added to each extension's icon make feel that the UI is slow and not responsive.

But if keeping non MD design is too hard, then, at least, can you remove those stupid and annoying delays in animations ? or let us change it (like we did with old windows OS) ?

ps : talking about MD/ non MD is not only about DESIGN, but also user experience. I'm not whining because icons are too small or big, or because the hamburger icon is gone. I'm whining because it's slow, not responsive (and ugly, but it's my own opinion) and because all extensions are in the toolbar (which is not good at all). The old interface was almost PERFECT, then why change it ?!

BTW, is there any chance you add some more options to the internal downloader ? This is really annoying to not be able to choose, for example, how many simultaneous downloads we authorize (I'm using Chrono only for that). Those are basic options on any downloader, except on Chrome browsers  Undecided

We are not professional at UI designing, but we think MD at least is better than the old interface.
We will have a research into MD and try providing an option to disable its animation.
(01-15-2017, 02:10 AM)50cent Wrote: If there's a way to restyle the MD parts (download, history, newtab, etc) using userstyle css file, it'd be a good compromise.

Also, do you know why when opening the setting page, chrome browsers would connect to:
translate.googleapis.com
and clients1.google.com

??

clients1.google.com is used by Google Autocomplete API. You can uncheck "Enable Autofill to fill out web forms in a single click." to disable it.
clients2.google.com is used for Extensions/Apps/Components upgrade.
translate.googleapis.com is used by Chrome translation service. You can uncheck "Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language you read." to disable it.
These queries have nothing related to privacy.
(01-15-2017, 06:46 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: translate.googleapis.com is used by Chrome translation service. You can uncheck "Offer to translate pages that aren't in a language you read." to disable it.

I disabled the translate feature, but chrome still make connection to translate.googleapis.com when I open the setting page. Why does it even connect to the translate server when open the settings page though?
(01-17-2017, 10:10 AM)50cent Wrote: I disabled the translate feature, but chrome still make connection to translate.googleapis.com when I open the setting page. Why does it even connect to the translate server when open the settings page though?

May it be generated by the website itself or some extension?
(01-17-2017, 04:17 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: May it be generated by the website itself or some extension?

Yes, it's generated by chrome://settings/ page. I tested it with a new profile with no extensions and it does connect to translate.googleapis.com even when turning off the translate page feature.
(01-18-2017, 09:19 AM)50cent Wrote: Yes, it's generated by chrome://settings/ page. I tested it with a new profile with no extensions and it does connect to translate.googleapis.com even when turning off the translate page feature.

Sorry this is a Chromium internal issue. The request is used to download translate language list. It is triggered by
Code:
translate::TranslateDownloadManager::GetSupportedLanguages(&languages);
in https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromi..._common.cc

And it is hard coded, so even if you disabled translation the request is still generated. And if it didn't complete for one time, it will try multiple times.
(It should respect user's "Disable Translation" preference.)