Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Language & Input Settings & Location
I'm using Source Han Sans as my default display font. This font support both CJK languages. Some characters have different glyphs in CJK font sets. And I found that if I set Cent Browser display in en-US, it will use Japanese font set as default. But if I set Cent Browser display in Chinese (Simplified), it will use Simplified Chinese font as default, which is what I want. For example:
Chinese (Simplified):
[Image: UhLjXv4.png]
en-US:
[Image: RmjdWW3.png]
Chinese (Simplified):
[Image: n4gRcTJ.png]
en-US:
[Image: gCALkPz.png]

What I suggest is add another option for location setting to customize the priority for character set.
Thank you for the nice suggestion.
Seems Chromium does not respect your OS Region setting, but unfortunately we are not familiar with Chromium font design.
Can you file a bug on https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list?
(10-21-2016, 05:09 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Thank you for the nice suggestion.
Seems Chromium does not respect your OS Region setting, but unfortunately we are not familiar with Chromium font design.
Can you file a bug on https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list?

I've found where the problem is. Japanese has the first priority in the Source Han Sans Github release, but the Noto Sans SC has the right priority, which Simplified Chinese in in the first place. 
For further information:
Bug 972664 – Noto Sans CJK: Chinese are using Japanese Glyphs
如何正确为 Noto Sans CJK 配置 fontconfig 使中文不会被显示为日文字型? - Linux - 知乎
(10-22-2016, 05:30 AM)Explorare Wrote: I've found where the problem is. Japanese has the first priority in the Source Han Sans Github release, but the Noto Sans SC has the right priority, which Simplified Chinese in in the first place. 
For further information:
Bug 972664 – Noto Sans CJK: Chinese are using Japanese Glyphs
如何正确为 Noto Sans CJK 配置 fontconfig 使中文不会被显示为日文字型? - Linux - 知乎

Glad to hear that, and thanks for sharing the solution.