CentBrowser Forum
Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 Released - Printable Version

+- CentBrowser Forum (https://www.centbrowser.net/en)
+-- Forum: Product Related (https://www.centbrowser.net/en/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Release Channel (https://www.centbrowser.net/en/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 Released (/showthread.php?tid=2698)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 Released - AnakhaSilver - 04-27-2019

(04-26-2019, 12:26 PM)papadoc Wrote: Closing in on two weeks since you told us "a few days". You say DirectWrite is usually what causes delays, but in your own words "Seems DW issue doesn't exist in Chromium 73", so what's causing the delay now?

TBH yeah. If something came up, just TELL us. I know all I want is transparency. And that includes just going, "Hey, something came up and the release is delayed a bit longer."

RE: Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 Released - lexa77 - 04-27-2019

Two years ago I started working with your browser. It was great. At my request, the company where I worked, had made Cent the main browser. Three months ago, the boss decided that it is impossible to work with the browser Cent, as the new version immediately gets outdated. The browser was replaced by Kinza. I got fired. Thank You for your work.

RE: Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 Released - Roderico - 04-27-2019

Guys, I understand your position, but what did you expect from small team, contain only 3 members?
Each time, developers have to understand the new engine and build the browser again for, it is not easy, and not fast. And there is always the possibility that something will go wrong after everything went according to plan.
Personally I use Cent primarily because of the ability to turn off DW. Let's see on which engine browsers are collected from which you can still turn off DW:
Cent - 71
360ee - 69
Advanced chromium - 54

(04-27-2019, 11:13 AM)Roderico Wrote: Guys, I understand your position, but what did you expect from small team, contain only 3 members?
Each time, developers have to understand the new engine and build the browser again for, it is not easy, and not fast. And there is always the possibility that something will go wrong after everything went according to plan.
Personally I use Cent primarily because of the ability to turn off DW. Let's see on which engine browsers are collected from which you can still turn off DW:
Cent - 71
360ee - 69
Advanced chromium - 54

The problem is that they promised soon and within days and we're sitting here with ABSOLUTELY no word as to what's going on. A lot of us just want transparency. I have told them REPEATEDLY to get more volunteers to speed up the process so they can FINALLY get caught up. Yes, it's three people, but after awhile it REMAINING those three people instead of seeking out other volunteers becomes a major flaw and an excuse because they refuse to actually get help.

RE: Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 Released - Admin - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 09:58 AM)lexa77 Wrote: Two years ago I started working with your browser. It was great. At my request, the company where I worked, had made Cent the main browser. Three months ago, the boss decided that it is impossible to work with the browser Cent, as the new version immediately gets outdated. The browser was replaced by Kinza. I got fired. Thank You for your work.

Sorry for that.
It is really a sad story, but I think the browser thing may be only an excuse.
If your company always want most recent Chromium, you should choose Google Chrome directly.

RE: Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 Released - Admin - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 11:32 AM)AnakhaSilver Wrote: The problem is that they promised soon and within days and we're sitting here with ABSOLUTELY no word as to what's going on. A lot of us just want transparency. I have told them REPEATEDLY to get more volunteers to speed up the process so they can FINALLY get caught up. Yes, it's three people, but after awhile it REMAINING those three people instead of seeking out other volunteers becomes a major flaw and an excuse because they refuse to actually get help.

Do you think we should keep up tightly with Chrome?

RE: Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 Released - papadoc - 04-27-2019

The problem is that with every release they're lagging further and further behind. There was some understandable delays when Chromium drastically changed the UI. Then there were some real DirectWrite issues in the past few versions. Not something I care about personally, but obviously some users do. Also understandable.

With version 73 though, it seemed like the perfect chance to catch up since DW issues were apparently much better. They've been indicating as much since they released the last beta, and were already talking about a quick turn around to v73. Instead, they're falling even further behind with no explanation.

It used to be that after a new Chromium release, Cent would push an update within a week or two. Now Cent is over a month and half behind Chromium releases, and the version they've been telling us to expect for weeks now is already deprecated. They'd be better off skipping v73 and releasing v74 to get back on a more reasonable timeline.

RE: Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 Released - Joyoo - 04-27-2019

I try it sometimes the chrome beta version. Never not outdated. Sure not so good than the CentBrowser.

Possibly donational opportunity? You're welcome if necessary...  Shy

RE: Cent Browser 3.9.2.45 Released - mc0134 - 04-27-2019

(04-27-2019, 03:37 PM)papadoc Wrote: The problem is that with every release they're lagging further and further behind. There was some understandable delays when Chromium drastically changed the UI. Then there were some real DirectWrite issues in the past few versions. Not something I care about personally, but obviously some users do. Also understandable.

With version 73 though, it seemed like the perfect chance to catch up since DW issues were apparently much better. They've been indicating as much since they released the last beta, and were already talking about a quick turn around to v73. Instead, they're falling even further behind with no explanation.

It used to be that after a new Chromium release, Cent would push an update within a week or two. Now Cent is over a month and half behind Chromium releases, and the version they've been telling us to expect for weeks now is already deprecated. They'd be better off skipping v73 and releasing v74 to get back on a more reasonable timeline.

You have to realize there's only a small number of people working on the Cent Browser project probably on their own free time too with limited resources as compared to Google Chrome / Chromium. So if you are using Cent Browser, you should thank  & be grateful the Cent developers for even working on the project and not letting it die, rather than just post about how slow they seem to be; they could easily just say sorry we're not continuing but apparently that's not the case Smile

(04-27-2019, 05:56 PM)mc0134 Wrote: You have to realize there's only a small number of people working on the Cent Browser project probably on their own free time too with limited resources as compared to Google Chrome / Chromium. So if you are using Cent Browser, you should thank  & be grateful the Cent developers for even working on the project and not letting it die, rather than just post about how slow they seem to be; they could easily just say sorry we're not continuing but apparently that's not the case Smile

They have been told, on repeat, to get more people on board. Get more volunteers. Yeah, we could be thankful they do it at all, and we are, but also like. That's like saying, "Shut up, you should just be thankful the government doesn't just take over with martial law and kill dissidents" or "Well at least you're alive."

(04-27-2019, 03:35 PM)CentBrowser Wrote: Do you think we should keep up tightly with Chrome?

Honestly? Yeah. I think that's what a lot of us want. I don't see why we're behind or what the benefit is.